BY CAMERON GIFFORD
Ogden City recently launched the Ogden CARES Business Grant Program to support businesses impacted by COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Grants can be used for two purposes:
- Help Ogden businesses with unmet financial needs resulting from COVID-19. Funds are meant to help cover the shortfall between previously incurred, necessary business expenses, and existing funding (e.g., business revenue, federal/state assistance) from March 1st until the present.
- Help retail and foodservice businesses located in Ogden’s Central Business District make physical modifications to accommodate physical distancing requirements.
Businesses must be located within Ogden City to qualify. Businesses having received other federal, state, and/or local COVID-19 assistance may apply for an Ogden CARES grant, provided they demonstrate the business still has an unmet financial need.
Businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for the best chance to receive funding. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. Find all program information and applications at OgdenCARES.com. Email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Economic Recovery Plan
Business Development also launched a target industry assessment and economic recovery planning process to gather input from Ogden-based businesses and develop a plan to support economic recovery for 100 days beginning June 1, 2020.
Three primary themes emerged from business feedback through interviews, roundtable discussions, and an online survey:
• Employee health/safety is key to stabilization and recovery
• Companies across all industries are experiencing a reduction in revenue and/or cash flow
• Government-to-business and business-to-business communication is critical
Our internal response will be guided by these themes as we seek to support economic recovery. This includes distributing local and statewide guidance, partnering with government, education, and industry for revenue-enhancement opportunities, promotion/support of industry-led initiatives, and continued communication to ensure we are doing everything we can to meet Ogden business’ needs.
We encourage businesses to visit our COVID-19 Economic Recovery Hub for updates and resources: bit.ly/OgdenBizRecovery.