We recognize Ogden’s local and independent businesses are an integral part of the vibrant fabric of our downtown and will continue supporting its leaders, makers, and dedicated community members. This holiday season, and year-round consider these top ten reasons to spend your money locally.
- For every dollar spent in a locally owned Ogden business, 55% stays right here in Utah. Every cent counts. Make every cent count for Ogden!
- Embrace the character of Downtown Ogden. Our local businesses help create a sense of place and contribute to Ogden’s unique culture. We’re a one-of-a-kind city with one-of-a-kind shops.
- Buying local helps create local jobs. Per consumer dollar spent, locally owned businesses are better than chains or online retailers at creating jobs.
- Help the environment. When you shop local, you reduce your carbon footprint and the amount of waste in our landfills.
- You benefit from the passion and expertise of Ogden’s own. Many business owners have spent years perfecting their craft – making their dedication to their business and quality customer service apparent.
- Keep your tax dollars working in Ogden. Sales tax dollars collected from locally owned businesses pave our streets, protect our parks, and keep our neighborhoods safe.
- You encourage innovation and product diversity. Ogden’s local businesses are able to identify the niche markets within our community to create one-of-a-kind products.
- Show some love to your Ogden neighbors. Independent businesses give three times more money to local charities than national chains or online retailers. Buying locally strengthens Ogden’s non profit community.
- Help keep the American Dream alive. Buying local nurtures entrepreneurship, which fuels prosperity for all of Ogden’s residents.
- Downtown Ogden is a world-class destination. Our rich history, unique boutiques and one-of-a-kind restaurants bring visitors from across the state (and globe). Buying local helps us all! For more information on shifting your spending to local businesses, check out Local First Utah’s website.
AS THE OGDEN DOWNTOWN ALLIANCE, we strive to connect the community to locally owned and independent businesses. We aim to increase economic vitality and community vibrancy in the downtown through arts, events, placemaking and destination development.