BY HAILLE VAN PATTEN
Ogden’s independent spirit began more than 150 years ago when the town was first settled. Nestled along the Wasatch Mountains, Ogden is home to more than 200 locally owned and independent businesses. In Ogden, you can expect to find award-winning shopping and dining, as well as world-class arts, culture, and community events.
Now more than ever, it is important to recommit to spending local and coming together in support of Ogden’s locally owned and independent businesses. As we bid adieu to 2021 and cheerfully welcome 2022, consider adding “supporting local” to your list of new year’s resolutions. The Ogden Downtown Alliance, in partnership with Local First Utah, has published the top ten reasons to shift your spending to support Ogden’s locally owned and independent businesses. Check them out below!
Did you know when you shop local…
• 55% of every dollar you spend stays right here in Utah. Every cent counts. Make every cent count for Ogden!
• You embrace the character of Downtown Ogden.
• You help create local jobs.
• You reduce your carbon footprint and the amount of waste in our landfills.
• You show how much you love your neighbors.
• You help keep the American Dream alive.
• You benefit from the passion and expertise of Ogden’s own.
• You keep your tax dollars working in Ogden.
• You encourage innovation and product diversity.
• You help keep Ogden a world-class destination.
• No matter the season, there is always a reason to shop local, shop small, shop Ogden.
For more information about supporting local and where to #ShopOgden, visit www.ogdendowntown.com/shopogden or follow us on Facebook and Instagram @ OgdenDowntown.