About The Program
Under the Volunteer Partnership Program, volunteer groups, or organizations may obtain assistance with property improvement projects. The goal of the program is to help individual homeowners with visible improvements to their properties, and to beautify neighborhoods, by building and using volunteer partnerships.
Eligible volunteer groups or organizations may submit a Volunteer Partnership Program application to the Ogden City office at 2549 Washington Blvd, Suite 120. Multiple projects may be included in one application and will consist of a detailed scope of work for each volunteer partnership project. Applications will be reviewed by Ogden City staff to assess project needs and best use of Ogden City funds and the level of funding to be approved.
- Maximum Grant Amount: $1,000, based upon the eligible scope of work and available funds.
- Uses of Funds: Funds may be used to pay for materials and equipment and pay for contracted work that the volunteers are not qualified to perform. Volunteer labor is not eligible for reimbursement.
- Disbursement: Funds are paid to vendors, suppliers, and contractors. Upon prior approval, funds may reimburse a volunteer committee member for documented costs paid to vendors, suppliers, or contractors.
Eligible Work Projects
- Items that are determined to stabilize deterioration and improve the appearance of the home and property. This may include exterior home repair, painting, fencing, concrete, cleanup, and landscaping (including sprinklers).
- Contracted Work Items: Any work which requires a building permit must be performed by a contractor licensed for that type of work.
- Historic Preservation: Community Development staff will determine the effect of the work on a historic or potentially historic building and will direct volunteers in modifying the scope of work to eliminate adverse effects.
For Qualifications Regarding The Grant And For More Information, Contact:
Community Development Division
2549 Washington Blvd. Suite 120
Ogden, UT. 84401